Life in New York City, Denver, and everywhere else!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Days 78 and 77

BTW, I am counting down, not up, to when I have to return to school.

Yesterday we went to Mount Rushmore. It was truly inspiring, especially the night-time lighting ceremony. That area of SD is surprisingly beautiful. I say that because, unfortunately, in my apparently narrow sphere of existence, I did not have a clue that SD would be so beautiful. At the gift shop, BeeeeeC bought me a really beautiful dragon fly necklace made of SD Black Hills gold--rose colored, yellow, and green. Beautiful!!

We traveled to Sheridan, WY via Devil's Tower National Monument. The tower was really an amazing geological volcanic "plug". We hiked the 1.3 miles around the monument and then made our way to Sheridan. After we got here, Chris realized that the Mormon Trail we wanted to see and the town we had really meant to go to was Casper, not Sheridan. Sheridan is 150 miles north of Casper. Sigh.....not a big deal, but I can tell you that Sheridan is one place we can definitely cross off our list of possible retirement places to live.

Tomorrow we head to Casper early, then on toward home again. This has been a nice time to be together to recharge our batteries.

Wednesday, it is back to my summer goals. I am excited!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home