Life in New York City, Denver, and everywhere else!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day 2006

Sunday, May 14, 2006

The roller coaster continues. I had a great interview on Friday afternoon with another school and had a tentative offer from the school on Roosevelt Island--I love both of these schools but the RI school seems to be the best fit. I had an offer from a school that I had previously interviewed with but honestly, it was insulting. I could work at Starbucks or Best Buy and make more money than they were offering!! And that is not an exaggeration. I also have another follow-up interview on Tuesday, the 16th and then will head back to Fredericksburg. I miss my friends there!!! I miss my kids, too.

Chris and I walked all over NYC yesterday--honestly for hours. We are trying to orient ourselves. It is very exciting and fast paced here. That is one of the things I like about our apartment on Roosevelt Island--it is not densely populated, it is green, quiet, and has minimal traffic. It is essentially a pedestrian island, which I enjoy.

Today is mother's day. On days like today, I miss being able to say Happy Mother's Day to my own mom, who has been gone now for over 12 years. That hardly seems possible. I am so greatful for all the wonderful mothers I have known in the Church over the years who have helped me become a better mother....I still have so much to learn. And of course, it being mother's day, how can I not express appreciation for my children, without whom I would not be celebrating this day? What a wonderful blessing and learning experience they have all been!! I love them all so much....what wonderful personalities they are. I am excited to see how they continue to unfold, grow, and develop as they sit on the cusp of adulthood. It is so hard to grow up in this world we live in today and to be kind, compassionate, hard working, and ethical. I admire their push and drive. I love my husband so much. I am so appreciative of his support of me as a mother--it means everything to me.

This is a time of "in-betweeness". Inbetween Fredericksburg and NYC. Inbetween wards, inbetween friends, inbetween family, inbetween children, inbetween jobs, inbetween middle age and old age (or youth and middle age I think is a better description). I am trying to learn to enjoy inbetweenness.

1 Comments:

Blogger DCY said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Thank you for everything. Thank you for all of your love and support.
-apes

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home